About Me

Newfoundland, Canada
I've been a big anime fan for about 10 years or so now. My five all-time favorite animes at this point are, in no particular order... Puella Magi Madoka Magica, El Hazard: The Magnificent World, Love Live!: School Idol Project, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. However, there are hundreds of anime shows that I like. The main purpose of this blog is to provide meta-commentary on anime, and the anime industry - to try to cast a critical, though appreciating, eye upon this entertainment genre that I believe has tremendous potential, but can also be easily wasted. I have always been a fan of animation in general - in the 80s, I grew up on western cartoons like He-Man, She-Ra, Transformers, and G.I. Joe. Through out the 90s, I was a hardcore comic book fan, for the most part. I'm also a big fan of Star Trek. Right now in my life, though, anime is my principal entertainment passion.

Monday, September 14, 2009

You Will Have Them Both!


The poll results are in! And just like so many recent Canadian federal elections, it's a nail-biter of a conclusion with out anybody, or any option, gaining a majority. However, instead of making passionate calls for a majority much like Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper recently did, I'm instead going to take a page from Tatewaki Kuno's book: You will have them both! ;)

With "Bakemonogatari", and "Top 10 Anime Characters", each capturing 39% of the vote, and an identical vote total, I'm going to start doing blog entries on both soon. You will get your 'tsundere'...


And you will also get your pigtailed girl!



I don't think that it's giving away too much at this point to reveal that Haruhi Suzumiya is in my Top 10 anime characters of all time. ;)


So just like the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High, my faithful readers... you will have them both! :D

Ah, but what's that you say my faithful readers?

There's actually three girls in Kuno's ultimate wet dream picture above?

Indeed there are!

And that's because I'm also going to watch 3rd place finisher Umineko, and at the very least, do a blog on its entire season once it is completed. :)

Thanks to everybody who took the time to vote. Before the end of the week, we will begin counting down my Top 10 anime characters of all time! And, also before the end of the week, I will be doing a blog on Bakemonogatari.

Right now, I'm leaning towards reviewing each of Bakemonogatari's arcs - perhaps doing one such review for every three character countdowns on the top 10 list.

So, please stay posted for more on both of these upcoming blog themes!

No comments:

Post a Comment